A leather skirt is definitely one of the most feminine and modern pieces of a woman’s wardrobe and depending on the style, it allows you to create a different look every time. Mini or midi you can wear it in the morning, afternoon, evening and with the appropriate tops and accessories you can succeed an elegant effect. If you are reluctant until now to incorporate the leather skirt in your wardrobe, all you have to do it find the right length, shape and colour that suits you the most.
A classic piece you can turn to time and again, invest in one of their closet essentials to wear now – from the feminine lace-edged to the fashion forward flared – and you’ll have the smoothest of wardrobe transitions into autumn.
- Anything goes with leather! Try it with your favourite prints (leopard, stripes, spots), colours (monochrome, bold, pastel) and textures (knits, chiffon, silk, lace) to create different looks.
- A leather skirt can be worn to work. Choose one with a hemline that sits on or below the knee and pair it with ladylike pieces such as a chiffon blouse, tailored blazer and pumps.
- Bare legs look amazing with a leather skirt, but if the weather is working against you, create a collection of tights you can call upon. Try everything – black opaques, patterns, colours – to create a variety of looks with your skirt.
- Pair a knitted sweater with a fitted leather pencil skirt to balance out your proportions. For more waist definition, partially tuck in your sweater
1. Elie Saab skirt £938 Harrods, 2. Jason Wu Skirt £1,965 Net a Porter, 3. MSGM Skirt £75 Farfetch, 4. J.Crew Skirt £115 J.CREW, 5. Vince Skirt £395 ShopHarpersBazaar, 6. Gucci Skirt £2,470 Matches Fashion, 7. Polo Ralph Lauren Skirt £995 Mytheresa, 8. Derek Lam Skirt £460 Intermix